- Cleanings And Exams
- Root Canals
- Porcelain Crowns
- Dental Implants
- Gum Disease Treatment
As part of our commitment to dentistry, Marietta Dental and Implant Center utilizes our on-site dental laboratory to control quality, keep prices reasonable and provide same-day service for multiple dental restorations. Our office and dentists also makes use of the most advanced dental technology and is fully equipped to treat patients of all ages, no matter the current health and condition of your smile. If you are interested in the services provided by our dental lab in Marietta, Georgia, call (770) 435-6888 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Tracy Dillon or Dr. Danielle Greene.
We also offer additional pediatric services.
Cleanings And Exams
Having a dental practice perform a checkup and regular cleaning gives a preventive approach to dental care. These general dentistry treatments help prevent problems with your teeth, gums and jaw bones, or they catch and manage problems before they worsen. During your visit, our doctors will take a picture of the current standing of your dental health and what would be needed to keep your oral hygiene in its best state.
Dental exams are one of the best ways to protect your teeth. When you come in for an exam, our dentists will look for signs of gum disease, tooth decay and other dental problems. Patients can schedule their first visit with Dr. Tracy Dillon or Dr. Danielle Greene by phoning Marietta Dental and Implant Center at (770) 435-6888. Come in for an initial oral examination in Marietta, Georgia, and keep your teeth healthy for life.
During your first appointment at our office, our dentists and team will perform a complete oral examination, including a visual inspection, periodontal evaluation and diagnosis. As part of the visual inspection, we will closely examine your teeth, their supporting structures and the oral anatomy. We may also use digital X-rays to diagnose tooth decay, bone loss and other dental problems. We may also perform an oral cancer screening, which helps us detect any abnormalities in the oral tissues. This exam is important so that any emerging problematic issues can be detected early, when the conditions are easier to treat.
We also perform a periodontal probing and examination during your initial exam. This allows us to evaluate the health of your gums and diagnose any present gum disease (periodontal disease). In addition, we will analyze your bite (occlusion) to identify any problems.
After your examination is complete, our dentists will review our findings with you so you can better understand the current state of your oral health. We will then recommend the treatments needed to correct any conditions or problems we have detected. Our team will explain your treatment options so you can make an educated decision about your care. We are happy to discuss any concerns you may have about your oral health or about your treatment options; we want you to feel confident and comfortable with your oral healthcare.
We encourage you to contact our office today to learn more about your initial oral examination and to schedule an appointment with our friendly team.
To help prevent gum disease and tooth decay, Marietta Dental and Implant Center recommends that you plan regular visits to the dentist. During your appointment with Dr. Tracy Dillon or Dr. Danielle Greene, our dentists can provide a full exam and thorough cleaning of your teeth and gums. Let us keep you on track for dental health and call (770) 435-6888 today for a dental cleaning in Marietta, Georgia.
- Dental cleanings and exams are two of the most basic yet important preventive treatments we provide at our office. Each time you visit our dental practice for a checkup, we will provide a professional teeth cleaning and dental exam to help your smile stay healthy. During your cleaning and exam, our dental team will:
- Clean your teeth by removing any plaque or tartar (also called dental calculus), which can lead to tooth decay and periodontal disease
- Floss and polish your teeth for a healthy, bright smile
- Examine your smile for signs of any damaging dental conditions or diseases
- We may utilize dental X-rays to further evaluate your smile and make certain that you receive the dental care you need. Regular dental cleanings and exams are essential in maintaining good oral health, preventing cavities and gum disease, and making sure that any damaging conditions are treated as early as possible.
- We recommend that you visit us every six months for a routine dental cleaning and exam. We may suggest more frequent visits if needed, and we also encourage you to contact us if you suffer from a dental emergency, pain or injury. To schedule your next appointment, we invite you to contact us today. We look forward to caring for your smile!
Root canals are needed when decay and bacteria spread for too long without treatment. At a certain point, this decay makes it to the pulp inside the tooth. This pulp includes nerves, therefore infection generally causes a lot of pain. Since this is happening on the inside of the tooth, you won’t necessarily see the damage. Instead, you could feel it through pain and notice other signs that include bleeding, swelling and bad breath.
An extraction is performed to remove a tooth, whether because of disease, crowding, or damage. When extractions are required, the area around the tooth will be numbed and your dentist will remove the tooth. A small amount of bleeding is normal, as your mouth will replace the removed tooth root by forming a blood clot in the area.
We understand how important a full smile is. That is why we provide multiple restorative dentistry options after an extraction — from anchoring bridges and dental implants to creating custom dentures. With the help of our modern dental lab, Marietta Dental and Implant Center is able to offer patients quality, affordable dentures and appliances. This technology helps our dentists and team quickly fix your smile following an extraction, sometimes on the same day of the procedure. So, plan your appointment today for a restoration and tooth extraction in Marietta, Georgia, by calling (770) 435-6888.
If you are missing teeth, dentures can provide a positive solution to improving your oral health. We are proud to provide dentures that are designed to fit your mouth for proper function and unique comfort. Following your appointment, we will provide you with information on at-home care for your dentures. We strongly recommend scheduling follow up appointments for periodic denture cleanings.
Getting porcelain crowns is the best way to have a very natural looking smile. They are used when simply filling in a tooth is not an option. There are times when they decay is so bad that we just have to use a porcelain crown. We also use them with severely damaged teeth or teeth that have already had multiple fillings. Porcelain crowns are attached right to your teeth so that they can function, even when you bite something really hard! There are several types of porcelain crowns so it is important to discuss which type is best for you with your dentist.
- What are dental crowns?
- When tooth decay or damage becomes serious, a dental crown may be suggested. Dental crowns are covers or caps that completely encase damaged teeth up to the gumline. Often made of porcelain, dental crowns are not only able to improve a tooth’s function, but its appearance as well. We may use a dental crown in Marietta, Georgia, to:
- Support a large filling
- Protect a weakened tooth from breaking
- Hold a cracked tooth together
- Anchor a dental bridge in place
- Cover unsightly dental conditions
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
- Overall, a dental crown is used to restore and improve a tooth’s size, shape, appearance and function.
- How are dental crowns made?
- In the past, it typically required two visits and multiple weeks to produce a dental crown. However, at Marietta Dental and Implant Center, crowns can be produced and applied in just one day, thanks to our advanced dental laboratory available on-site at our dental office. Our dentists will remove the decayed and damaged portion of the tooth, shaping it to accommodate the size of the dental crown. After taking molds and measurements, we will produce your dental crown and ensure it fits perfectly. Once final adjustments are made, the dental crown is cemented into place. To learn more about how a dental crown can improve your smile, please contact us at (770) 435-6888!
When you have missing teeth, an alternative solution to dentures is dental implants. While dentures are removable, dental implants provide permanent new teeth to restore your mouth’s function and appearance. Dental implants tend to offer a successful and lasting solution to the loss of some or all of your teeth.
Gum Disease Treatment
Periodontics is the branch of dentistry that treats the gums and soft tissues of the mouth. Periodontal care is essential to maintaining the health and beauty of your smile. There are many common diseases that affect the inside of your mouth, namely gingivitis and periodontal (gum) disease. Gingivitis is inflammation of the gums caused by bacteria; periodontal disease develops when gingivitis is left untreated.
- What is periodontics?
- Periodontics is the branch of dentistry that treats the gums and soft tissues of the mouth. Periodontal care is essential to maintaining the health and beauty of your smile. There are many common diseases that affect the inside of your mouth, namely gingivitis and periodontal (gum) disease. Gingivitis is inflammation of the gums caused by bacteria; periodontal disease develops when gingivitis is left untreated. With periodontal disease, the gums pull away from the teeth and form empty pockets that become infected. If left untreated, the bones, teeth, gums and tissues around the teeth are destroyed. To treat gingivitis and periodontal disease, Dr. Tracy Dillon and Dr. Danielle Greene provide comprehensive gum treatment in Marietta, Georgia.
- What is gum treatment?
- Periodontal treatment aims at controlling the infection and removing all diseased gum and soft tissues. Deep cleaning methods, such as scaling and root planing, remove plaque, tartar and diseased tissue from above and below the gumline while also smoothing rough spots on teeth where bacteria grows. If necessary, laser surgery may be suggested for more serious cases. If you are experiencing bleeding, swelling or tender gums, our dentists may recommend periodontal treatments. To schedule a check-up with our caring dentist, please call Marietta Dental and Implant Center at (770) 435-6888.
When your teeth are missing, it greatly affects your smile. At the same time, the missing tooth has the potential to negatively affect your oral hygiene because of unprotected gum exposure. Dental bridges are one of many options aimed at improving the appearance and function of your teeth by replacing the missing tooth or teeth. During your exam, we will discuss whether or not dental bridges are right for you.
We offer custom-made dental bridges in Marietta, Georgia, to restore your confident, beautiful smile.
Dental bridges are also important to your overall oral health. Our friendly dentists may suggest dental bridges as part your treatment to:
- Replace missing teeth
- Restore your ability to chew and speak as normal
- Improve facial shape and volume
- Prevent remaining natural teeth from shifting in the mouth
How are dental bridges placed?
The type of dental bridge you need will depend on which teeth are being replaced. Generally, the two teeth on either side of the missing tooth receive dental crowns to anchor the replacement tooth. These replacement teeth are called pontics. Once adjusted and fitted to your smile, the dental bridge will be cemented into place. For more information on dental bridges and the types we offer, please contact us and meet with Dr. Tracy Dillon or Dr. Danielle Greene.